Easy Tomato Sauce. In a large casserole pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Very good "base" for a sauce but I did have to add a few things.
Easy Tomato Sauce, a quick Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe. Once you try this quick Homemade Sauce Recipe with a few simple ingredients, you will never use store-bought again! The perfect weeknight dinner recipe, makes all types of pasta Delicious. You can cook Easy Tomato Sauce using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Tomato Sauce
- You need 4 tbsp of Beef Tallow (or fat of choice).
- You need 7 clove of Garlic – diced (we love garlic).
- You need 1 medium of Onion – diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried Basil.
- You need 1 can of 28oz organic fire roasted tomatoes.
Top with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and dinner is served. Adjust heat as needed to keep at a steady simmer. If using whole plum tomatoes, mash them up with the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher to help them break down. Remove sauce from heat and discard basil or bay leaf. "This easy pasta sauce will cook in about the same time it takes to cook some dried pasta in boiling salted water – we're talking about quick and easy options here.
Easy Tomato Sauce instructions
- Heat tallow in a sauce pan over medium heat..
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds, then toss in onions. Stir ever once in a while, cook for 10-15 minutes till onions start to brown and caramelize..
- Add tomatoes and basil, simmer for 45 minutes or so..
- If you want the sauce thin, run an immersion blender through it (or put it in a blender.).
This sauce is the most basic tomato sauce there is — just tomatoes and some lemon juice to bump up the acidity to safe levels for canning. You can add seasonings like garlic, onions, or herbs, but I like the fact that this is a neutral base for whatever recipe I want to make, from weeknight pizzas to a fancy lasagna. A prolific Roma-type, this variety is extremely dense and meaty with very few seeds and a unique no-gel texture, making it the ideal tomato for dicing into salsas or slicing for salads. The sweet, tangy flesh cooks down into the richest, most succulent sauce you've ever tasted. Note: To safely water-bath can tomato sauce, you must add lemon juice to boost the acidity.