Set dosa. Set dosa recipe – learn how to make set dosa with step by step photos. Dosa is a South Indian thin lentil crepe popular across the globe. There are so many kinds of dosas that are made regularly in most South Indian homes.
Set dosa recipe with step by step photos – very soft, light and spongy dosa. Set dosa also reminds me of davanagere benne dosa. I have had davanagere benne dosa with the spicy coconut chutney and the bland potato stuffing. You can cook Set dosa using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Set dosa
- It’s 2 cups of dosa/idli rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of thick puffed rice(poha).
- It’s 0.25 cup of Urrad dal.
- You need 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Sugar.
Set Dosa, Home made set dosa batter, Set dosa recipe.. At first, I just thought it was a set of uthappam served with kurma. But everytime I ate it, I dint know how they could get the dosa so soft and spongy. Later on, I learnt that the batter itself is completely different.
Set dosa instructions
- Soak dosa rice + puffed rice + urrad dal + fenugreek seeds for 7-8 hours.
- Grind it smooth and let the batter be in a warm place for another 7 hours.
- Later add salt + 5 tbsp curd + pinch sugar and mix the batter well..
- Now in a pan grease oil and pour the batter and roast it on both the sides..
- Serve it hot with chutney or saagu.
The softness of the batter comes from the atukulu or poha (Aval). Heat dosa griddle drizzling it with a teaspoon of oil. Once when the griddle fumes, lower the flame. Cover it with lid and let it cook for few seconds. You will notice pores forming on the dosa.