Brown gravy or chicken gravy. Combine thyme or rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika; rub on outside of chicken and in cavity. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange bacon strips over breast portion of chicken.
We pour this brown gravy on so many things like our Brown Gravy Meatloaf Recipe which of course we serve with our creamy Mashed Potatoes. Combine the flour, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine. You can have Brown gravy or chicken gravy using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown gravy or chicken gravy
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 2 of beef cubes or chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Add chicken broth and thyme (if using onion powder, add it now) and bring to a simmer. Stir often to make a thickish gravy. Return browned chicken pieces to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Brown gravy or chicken gravy instructions
- Boil water and 2 beef cubes and Worcestershire, until cubes has dissolved. Then reduce heat..
- Mix flour and cold milk together waiting on step 1. Set aside.
- Add in milk mixture to beef mixture, stir constantly on low to medium heat until you get the thickness you want..
Transfer chicken and gravy into baking dish. So without further ado, here is Mom's Chicken and Gravy straight from her kitchen to yours! In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. This Chicken with Mushroom Gravy is a total crowd pleaser, and a great quick one for midweek!