Shepherd's Pie Gluten Free.
You can have Shepherd's Pie Gluten Free using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Gluten Free
- You need 1 lb of Ground Lamb.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika (Smoked if you have it).
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 1 of Carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- It’s 2 1/2-3 pounds of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 of cap fulls Milk.
- It’s 8 oz of Shredded sharp white cheddar.
- Prepare to taste of salt and white pepper.
Shepherd's Pie Gluten Free step by step
- In a good fry pan add your ground meat to the pan and brown the meat. Then add your onions and garlic until they are both soft, and then your dry spices, carrots and mix it in. Once it is all mixed in, add your tomato paste and cook until the red is dark brown. Then add the worcestershire sauce and beef stock and simmer for a few mins as you mash up your potatoes.
- Boil the potatos in salt water, then strain off the water. Add your milk butter and a small bit of the cheese. Mash and as the mash becomes smoother, add most of the cheese to it leave enough to lightly cover at the end. Lightly salt and pepper as to your taste.
- In casserole or larger pie dish, place the meat in first, and even it out. Then place the mash potatoes on top of that and smoott it out and sprinkle cheese on top. You can add some romano or parmesan on as well..
- Bake for 30 to 40 mins in oven at 350 degrees or untill a nice golden color over the top. Serve and Enjoy..
- You can add peas to the meat just before you compine them, or cubed lamb as well, Red wine works in it if I am not making it for my nephew.