Stuffed Cabbage With Cranberry Tomato Sauce. Bring to a boil; then add the raisins and the fresh cranberries. Peel, core, and dice the apple and add. In a large slow cooker, combine the cranberry sauce, tomatoes, raisins, sugar and lemon juice.
Core the cabbage and place in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil; then add the raisins and the fresh cranberries. Peel, core and dise the apple and add. You can have Stuffed Cabbage With Cranberry Tomato Sauce using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage With Cranberry Tomato Sauce
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Dried cranberries.
- It’s 28 oz of Diced tomatoes in adobo sauce.
- You need 28 oz of Diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 large of Rosemary sprigs (minced).
- Prepare 2 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 2 head of Garlic.
- You need 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 2 head of Savory cabbage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Diced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of Diced (or shredded) carrots.
- You need 2 cup of Cauliflower rice.
Core the cabbage and place in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil; then add the raisins and the fresh cranberries. Peel, core and dice the apple and add. Make the cabbage rolls: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Stuffed Cabbage With Cranberry Tomato Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 and mince the garlic and onions..
- Carefully remove cabbage leaves, making sure to keep them intact. Place them in a steam basket for 5 minutes, or till the spines of the leaves are soft enough to roll..
- While the cabbage leaves are steaming, add a tsp of fat to a pan and sauté the cauliflower rice in high heat for just a few minutes, till it starts to soften. Then transfer to a large bowl..
- Put the tomatoes and cranberries in the pan the cauliflower was in and bring to a boil then reduce to a summer while you make the rolls, stirring occasionally..
- Add the garlic, onion, rosemary, carrots, mushrooms, ground beef, salt and pepper to the bowl of cauliflower and mix well..
- While the tomatoes & cranberries reduce, start rolling the cabbage rolls. Lay a leaf out, put about 1/3 cup of the beef mixture in it, and roll it up like a burrito, starting from the back, then folding over the sides, then rolling it over the end of the leaf and keeping that under it..
- Lay the rolls out in a heavy bottomed oven safe pan or Dutch oven, then pour the tomato sauce over them. Put in the oven and bake for an hour, or till the meat is cooked through..
Drain the leaves into a colander in the sink and refresh under. Serve immediately, or cool, refrigerate and reheat later. Arrange cabbage rolls, seam side down, on top. Combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice; pour over rolls. Start the sauce by sautéing onions in olive oil until translucent.