Low Carb Protein Bars.
You can have Low Carb Protein Bars using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Protein Bars
- Prepare of Crust:.
- Prepare 3/4 c of blend baking mix (1/4 c each ground golden flax, almond flour and coconut flour).
- Prepare 1/4 c of melted butter.
- It’s of Sweetened Condensed Milk:.
- It’s 1/4 c of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetener.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- It’s 1/2 c of unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sugar free chocolate chips or chopped 85% dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1/2 c of chopped nuts of your choice.
Low Carb Protein Bars step by step
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 12 min. or until golden brown..
- Meanwhile, you need to make my sugar free condensed milk. Bring the heavy cream, 2 T. butter, and sweetener to a gentle boil and cook stirring frequently until it is light golden brown and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Either cool until room temperature before stirring in the egg yolk OR, if you are impatient like me, very slowly pour over the egg yolk while whisking like crazy. No one wants scrambled yolk in their magic cookie bars..
- Now it is time to assemble. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts onto the crust. Drizzle condensed milk over the top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. until set and golden brown. Cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving or the crust can crumble..