Indian Tacos. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Check Out Indian Taco On eBay. Indian Fry Bread Delicious fried quick bread.
Indian Tacos is a Christmas Dinner tradition at our home. If I didn't fix them each year, I'm sure I'd have a rebellion on my hands. The original recipe was given to me by a Native American Indian in Colorado whose husband was a chief on their tribe's ranch. You can have Indian Tacos using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Tacos
- You need of Base Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of dry pintos.
- It’s 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need 1 of large onion cut up.
- It’s 1 can of green chiles.
- You need 1 of Tblsp chile powder.
- Prepare 1 of Tblsp cumin.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Other Toppings.
- Prepare of Lettuce chopped.
- You need of Tomato chopped.
- It’s of Black olives sliced.
- It’s of Colby Jack cheese grated.
- You need of Salsa.
- You need of Sour cream.
Homemade Fry Bread and Navajo Tacos will forever and always be one of my favorite foods! Yes, eating healthy is great and all but sometimes we need some all-out comfort food like these Fry Bread Tacos. With this recipe, you get tender Indian fry bread layered with a seasoned ground beef filling, followed by lots of veggies (think: taco salad), cheese and sour cream. Indian tacos AKA Navajo tacos are like tacos but made with Indian frybread (AKA Navajo frybread) in place of the tortilla.
Indian Tacos step by step
- Sort thru and soak the dry pintos in water overnight.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion on medium heat and add the taco seasoning with the water and cook together for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the soaked pintos then add them to the beef mixture with just a little water you want it to cook down eventually.
- Add the Chile powder, cumin, oregano, garlic salt, bay leaves, can of chile's and sugar. Cook it on low for about 2 hours stirring once in a while it will be done when the beans are soft.
- Chop, slice, grate and gather your toppings.
- Spread the beef and bean mixture on top of your fry bread Add the other toppings and ENJOY! ❤️❤️😋❤️❤️.
Brown the beef in saute pan over medium-high heat. For the Frybread: Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and powdered. So does all of my family, which is amazing because there is always somebody who doesn't like what I have cooked. Not the case with these tacos. Make sure and be really careful when cooking the fry bread.