Mini Plantain Doughnuts. Great recipe for Mini Plantain Doughnuts. I found this recipe online looking for paleo baking alternatives. Peel and quarter plantain and put in a blender with the eggs.
Add vanilla bean, baking soda and salt to the plantain-egg mixture in the blender. Blend a few seconds to combine. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. You can have Mini Plantain Doughnuts using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Plantain Doughnuts
- It’s of Plain Plantain Doughnut.
- You need 1 medium of Plantain (green or yellow) about 230g by weight.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 large of Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of non-stick cooking spray.
- It’s of 1-3 tsp Sweetener, such as Stevia, Truvia, or Just Like Sugar.
- Prepare of Chocolate Plantain Doughnut.
- Prepare 1 cup of chocolate chips, mix in bowl with 3TBS of butter listed above, microwave 30 seconds, or until soft, add to batter in blender.
Plantain Donuts With Protein Frosting These cinnamon plantain donuts have similar ingredients to the last recipe, but with a simpler flavor and a delicious protein powder frosting. You'll want to use paleo-friendly protein powder with a nice flavor. You can make your own baked Dough Bar doughnuts from Shark Tank right in your own home! The convenient doughnut mix can make delicious crisp golden doughnuts, we can also add peanut, or sesame, or fruit nut on the cookie surface when molding, automatic adding by machine.
Mini Plantain Doughnuts instructions
- Peel and then slice plantain into inch long chunks. Add to blender. (If you don't have a blender, I suggest using a yellow to black plantain, mash with a fork, then use a hand mixer in a bowl to combine).
- Add butter at room temperature, coarse kosher salt & baking powder to blender. Mix until combined.
- In separate bowl, open eggs and then add vanilla extract. Whisk with fork to combine.
- Add egg vanilla mixture from step 3 to blender. If making chocolate, other flavor doughnut, or adding sweetener do at this time. Blend to combine.
- Use non-stick spray of your choice in the baking pan.
- Get out a mini doughnut maker, mini doughnut pan, or mini bundt pan. Fill each form half-way with the batter.
- In oven preheated to 350°F place pan for 7 to 10 minutes. If using doughnut maker, follow the instructions for the machine..
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the baking pan on wire rack. Turn pan over to release doughnuts once cooled.
- Now add frosting, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, caramel, etc. Topping choices are near endless!.
Sure, it takes time and forethought into making classic doughnuts , and if you are pressed for time. You just don't want to go through that process. […] Hello luvs, Guess what we have for you today. And not only donuts… but donuts that are egg and grain free! We hope you like our grain-free, egg-free plantain donuts with perfect fit protein frosting. Doughnuts come in all shapes and sizes.