Stove top Taco Casserole. In a one-pan recipe, The Texas Chef shares his secret to great taco taste in a casserole form. It uses some of our traditional favorite tastes from this Mexican-inspired classic, such ingredients as ground beef, bell pepper, whole kernel corn, black beans, and cheese. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water. Cook refried beans on stove until hot. Pour beans over corn chips in dish. You can have Stove top Taco Casserole using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stove top Taco Casserole
- It’s 1 box of of Shells and Cheese.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef or Turkey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped Bacon, cooked.
- You need 1 packages of Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 2/3 cup of water.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Mild Salsa.
- It’s 1 of Ranch Doritos, crushed.
Add beef to top of beans. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. One Pot Taco Casserole is an easy weeknight meal!
Stove top Taco Casserole step by step
- Brown ground meat in large sate pan.
- start a pot of water on high heat, bringing to a boil.
- once the meat is browned, add taco seasoning and 2\3 cup of water and bacon.
- cover meat, turn heat to low- medium, and cover until it simmers; about 10 minutes.
- cook shells in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes then drain.
- use a large mixing bowl and combine meat and shells.
- stir in cheese sauce.
- scoop shells and cheese mix into a bowl and top with crushed chips and salsa.
It's the perfect amount of spicy with ground turkey, chili beans, taco seasoning, and lots of cheese! The leftovers are perfect as a dip with chips or in tortillas as tacos! I crush tortilla chips to form a bottom layer, then spread on refried beans, a spicy meat mixture and cheese. —Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas This recipe is super super quick and easy yall! Add what u want to it and do what u want ! Great recipe for us busy mamas out there !!!