Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Great recipe for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. I did measure things out this time but, of course, all proportions are a matter of taste, especially spices. This is my first time using chaat masala and cardamom so definitely still.
Contest-Winning Wild Rice Apple Salad "We have an apple orchard in our family, so I'm always looking for ways to use the fruit," writes Elaine Stichter of Milford, Indiana. "This crisp and crunchy dish is one of my favorite salads. See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! You can have Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- It’s 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Yogurt (optional).
See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! Insalata di Riso (Italian Rice Salad) "Traditional cold rice salad is considered fast food in Italy, used for picnics and lunches on the go. Many Italians add a few tablespoons of mayonnaise." – Buckwheat Queen.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped pecans, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Spicy Forbidden Rice Salad "The sauce works perfectly with the nutty flavour of the black rice. Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat.