Summer Potato Salad. This authentic German potato salad recipe came from Speck's Restaurant, which was a famous eating establishment in St. I ate lunch there almost every day and always ordered the potato salad. When the owner learned I was getting married, he gave me the recipe as a wedding gift!
You can't go wrong with bacon, and this presentation is just over the top enough for a party. Jazz up the presentation like we did (above) by serving this salad in paprika-rimmed glasses. Fresh herbs will bring out the summer flavor of this potato salad. You can have Summer Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Summer Potato Salad
- It’s 1-1.5 pounds of potatoes.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 1/2 of c-1c cooked frozen peas.
- You need 3 of room temp eggs.
- Prepare 1 of granny Smith apple.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, diced very fine.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayo.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper & paprika.
Try adding some chopped parsley, snipped basil, or whatever herbs you like best. For more information about Idaho Potatoes, visit www.idahopotato.com. Picnic-friendly grilled potato salad is a fun, tasty twist on this traditional summer side dish recipe. Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
Summer Potato Salad step by step
- Boil water. Scrub potatoes. Add potatoes, carrots & eggs to water. It is important to leave skin on potatoes. After 11 minutes, remove eggs & let run under cool water before peeling. Carrots & potatoes should take 20-25 minutes. Peel & dice apple.Test by placing a fork into potato for softness. Once potatoes & carrots are done, peel & dice to liking. Mix rest of ingredients together..
- Add salt, pepper & top with paprika. Taste test to see if you need to add more. Put in fridge before serving..
Potato salad is one of summer's essentials. Easy to whip up for a crowd, potato salads are reliable and so darn delicious. So whether you're hosting or attending a summer party—or getting. Whisk buttermilk, light mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and caster sugar with seasoning. Russet and Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon If we have to say good-bye to summer, at least do it with bacon.