Simple Mapo Tofu. Mapo Tofu – Learn how to make flavorful, and delicious Chinese mapo tofu with this easy recipe that you can make at home and better than restaurants. What Does Mapo Tofu Taste Like? Mapo Tofu is a classic Szechuan dish that features tofu covered in spices and minced meat.
Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and green onions and stir. If you know the Chinese name of Mapo tofu(麻婆豆腐), the answer might be tofu made by mapo or is mapo is kind of flavor. At the very beginning, Mapo tofu is named after its creator. You can have Simple Mapo Tofu using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Mapo Tofu
- You need 1 box of silk tofu.
- It’s 200 gr of minced beef.
- Prepare 4 pc of dried mushroom (keep the water) – keep in the water for 15min and diced.
- It’s 350 ml of water (I used that mushroom water).
- You need 1 tbs of cornstarch.
- You need 2 of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cm of ginger (minced).
- You need 1/2 tbs of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 1 of tsb sesame oil.
- It’s of Oils.
It is recorded that there is a couple who own a restaurant mainly selling vegetarian dishes. The wife also the cook gets some pock (麻子in Chinese)on her face. In a wok over medium low heat, add the vegetable oil and ground Sichuan peppercorns (remember to reserve ¼ teaspoon for garnishing the dish at the end). (Note: You can use Sichuan peppercorn infused oil as a shortcut to this step.) This mapo tofu recipe (麻婆豆腐) is the true blue, authentic real deal—the spicy, tongue-numbing, rice-is-absolutely-not-optional, can't-have-just-one-scoop mapo tofu that you get in the restaurants. MaPo Tofu is a popular meal that simmers tofu in a spicy sauce, usually with minced meat.
Simple Mapo Tofu instructions
- Mix the sauces, ketchup, sugar, chilli flakes, and pepper..
- Heat oils and sesame oil, stir fry garlic and ginger. Put minced beef inside and stir until brownish. Add the water till boiling..
- Put sauces and tofu inside. Keep boiling and last, put cornstarch until the sauce thicken..
- Enjoy with warm rice 😄.
While the traditional dish has classic "numbing" spiciness, we turn the heat down but keep all the mouthwatering flavors with aromatics, ground pork, and chili-garlic, soy, and Chinese black bean sauce. Try using firm or extra firm tofu instead of soft tofu. Although non-traditional, you can add onions or vegetables like bok choy. TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST MAPO TOFU. Mapo tofu is a delicious make-ahead dish with flavors improving overnight.