Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff.
You can have Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff
- You need 4 (6 oz) of pieces of haddock fish fillet (you can also use Cod and Halibut).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shallots diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of finely graded ginger.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk (full of fat).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass stock pounded out cut in half.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- You need 3 of scallions diced green parts only.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff instructions
- Add your shallots, garlic and ginger to your saute pan with the grapeseed oil on medium heat saute for 3 minutes do not brown mixture. This is a one pan dish use a pan large enough to hold all the liquids..
- Incorporate the curry paste with the sauteed vegetables and saute for one minute..
- Stir in your wet ingredients coconut milk and chicken stock once incorporated add the brown sugar and fish sauce and simmer for 8 minutes the sauce will reduce about 1/2 cup..
- Cut root and stem off lemon grass and remove outer layers with mallet pound out lemongrass add to the sauce. After cooking remove lemon grass from sauce..
- Salt the fish fillets add them to the red curry sauce and place a lid on and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Very important note the sauce should not be on a rolling boil just a slight simmer for poaching the fish..
- In the last minute of cooking add the lime juice, cilantro and scallions to the sauce..
- Serve the Thai red curry fish on your favorite rice or saute some fresh spinach with garlic and olive oil and serve on top of the spinach..