*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. I wanted to share my take on some of my favourite Caribbean dishes! By all means, every island makes things slightly different so feel free to follow your own. Great recipe for *EASY* Vegan "salt fish" Fritter.
Modify to your liking , and let me know how it goes for you A popular Jamaican appetizer made with dried salted cod (bacalau or bacalao). The cod should be soaked overnight before using. Serve the fritters with a spicy dipping sauce. You can cook *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of old bay season.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
Spicy and Crispy Fritters made easy! Jamaican Saltfish Fritters recipe aka Bajan bakes in Barbados! However as we come from a Jamaican background they are Saltfish Fritters. The sight and smell always make our senses glitter!
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter step by step
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
Mix flour, garlic powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I like to think of these salt fish fritters as your ticket to a Caribbean culinary vacation, without the high price of a plane ticket or hotel room. Can this Jamaican salt fish fritters really make you get a […] Caribbean insipred Salt Fish without the fish! I can't believe how much this recipe resembles Salt Fish.