Vegan Omelette. After perfecting vegan scrambled eggs in my Tofu Scramble Florentine recipe, I knew the next thing I needed to create was the perfect vegan omelet. I've tried a few vegan omelets both at home and at vegan restaurants, but the one I'm about to share with you is EGGCELLENT (insert Mr Burns visual here. hehe). Light and fluffy vegan omelette served with sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, vegan cheese and vegan sausage for a fabulous vegan breakfast of champions.
This chickpea omelette is the best invention for a vegan breakfast since sliced bread! It's vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and of course egg-free, yet tastes surprisingly similar to egg omelettes! If you haven't cooked with chickpea flour yet, you have to try this recipe! You can have Vegan Omelette using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Omelette
- Prepare 1,5 cups of Chickpea Flour (375 ml).
- It’s 5 ml of Black Salt (or Herb Salt).
- Prepare 2.5 ml of Tumeric.
- It’s 5 ml of Hing (garlic /onion alternative).
- It’s 1.5 Cups of Water (375 ml).
- It’s 1 cup of Packed Cauliflower Rice.
- Prepare 2 Bunches of Asparagus (about 20 spears).
- You need 5 ml of Lemon Juice.
- It’s of Black Pepper (optional seasoning).
Ingredients for Vegan Omelet with Moong Dal. Moong Dal or split mung beans are split and skinned mung bean. You can find them in Indian stores, Asian stores in some grocery stores and on amazon. They might be labelled as petite yellow lentils.
Vegan Omelette instructions
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and add water bit by bit while stirring with a wire wisk. Next stir in the cauliflower (about two cups of cauliflower florets, washed and blended in food processor or grated finely by hand)..
- Wash the asparagus and chop the bottom two thirds of the stems into thin slices. Sauté in a bit of coconut oil. Add 30 ml water and cover with lid, stirring occasionally. Add the asparagus tips which you kept whole. Continue to sauté until tender yet firm. Add lemon juice..
- Pour a thin layer of the batter into a hot pan. Reduce heat. Dedvide topping into the amount of portions you wish to cook. Add topping for each omelette on top..
- Cook for a few minutes until you are able to slide a spatula under the omlette and flip over. Cook on the other side until golden brown..
- Flip over again to serve with topping on top. Season to taste with black pepper and some herb salt. Repeat for every omlette. The runnier your batter, the thinner the omlette will be and the longer it is cooked on low heat the crispier it will become. So play around with consistency and temperature until it is ideal for your taste. Serve with home made tomatoe sauce. Enjoy!.
- Alternatively you can top your omlette (pancake) with raw vegetables after it has been cooked on both sides. Avo tomatoe slices and baby spinach works well..
Stuff into omelets and top with homemade cheese sauce or sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese and fold. Denver Omelet: Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Omelets, or Omelettes are a major part of everyone's life. This easy & wholesome dish is easy to make and is filling. Today, I'm showing an eggless omelet recipe, which is equally easy, tasty and.