Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto). Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus. Finally, add the basil, and pulse a few times until mixed in. The sun dried tomatoes are the perfect addition to hummus.
Our smooth, classic hummus is topped with sun dried tomatoes and sprinkled with a tasty blend of parsley, oregano and basil that keeps you dipping for more. I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil rather than dried tomatoes after getting the answer to my question in the questions section. Sun dried Tomato Hummus makes a wonderful addition to any get together or as a sandwich spread or snack. You can cook Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto)
- Prepare 15 oz of cooked Garbanzo beans.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tahini (Sesame seed paste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare tsp of Table salt or/ tablespoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s dash of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of juice from beans ( give or take).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Prepared pesto.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sun dried tomatoes chopped small.
Get this simple, family favorite hummus Sun Dried Tomato Hummus makes a delectable hummus recipe to make as an appetizer when entertaining. Hummus is so simple to make, even up. Roasted broccoli and sun-dried tomato hummus are a perfect pair! My original concept for this crostini was to make whipped sun-dried tomato feta, but it was crazy salty.
Classic hummus (sun dried tomato & pesto) instructions
- Put beans in blender or food processor.
- Add a couple cloves of prepared garlic or 1 fresh clove.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Tahini.
- Add lemon, salt and pepper, olive oil, cumin, blend until smooth..
- Place in bowl or serving dish serve with pita chips your favorite bread or even put on sandwiches instead of mayo..
- Top off with pesto in center.
- Spread sundried tomatoes around the pesto.
- I usually drizzle the oil from the Sun Dried Tomato jar and throw a few whole garbanzo beans on top.
Goat cheese didn't do, either, so I finally landed on hummus, which was just right. Adding sun-dried tomatoes to a homemade hummus recipe adds a bit of texture and color and a whole lot of flavor. Making homemade hummus is so easy―just dump everything in the blender or food processor, and process until it's smooth. Hummus is a naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Lentil & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wraps.