Chicken salad. Try Delicious Salad Recipes with StarKist® From Our Classics to Our Favorites! Learn About Our Products, Flavors And Recipes Today. Browse Our Collection Of Chicken Salad Recipes.
Because of the innumerable combinations of chicken salad, I won't even consider claiming that this recipe is "the best" or "the greatest." Chicken Salad is way too subjective for that. With more than a dozen flavors of chicken salad to choose from, plus sides, desserts, and more, there's something for everyone. Easy Chicken Salad Recipes Put it on a roll, in a lettuce wrap or eat in with a handful of crackers. You can cook Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- It’s 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- Prepare 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
Regardless of how you choose to enjoy your chicken salad, you should be making it. What Makes this Chicken Salad Special. The "secret sauce," so to speak, of this chicken salad, is the tablespoon of plum preserves my mom adds to the mayo-based dressing. You could use any berry jelly or jam, but as we always have a lot of plum jam on hand (thanks to several plum trees), that's what mom reaches for first.
Chicken salad step by step
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
Chop cooked and cooled chicken and place into a large bowl with celery and onions.; Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl. Serve on rolls, bread or over a bead of lettuce.; For this chicken salad sandwich recipe, any bread will do, thick slices of a. Stuff chicken salad in hollowed out tomatoes or avocado halves for a fresh take on lunch. Make lettuce wraps, drizzling the salad with your favorite vinaigrette before rolling the lettuce. Fat-free mayonnaise can be used instead of mayonnaise.