Button Mushroom Tapas. All right, so grab some great baby bella and white button mushrooms. Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet. This makes my eyeballs so happy.
Champinones Al Ajillo, Spanish Garlic Mushrooms is a wonderful Tapas dish, often served as party food. I first came across this dish whilst visiting the Canary Islands and thought it was delicious! I then went along to a Tapas party my friend hosted and we made it then too. You can cook Button Mushroom Tapas using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Button Mushroom Tapas
- You need 7 of Button mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 slice of Cured ham.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Button Mushrooms in Garlic Oil "Champiñones al Ajillo" We regard this easy recipe for button mushrooms in garlic oil as the basic recipe for Champiñones al Ajillo. In a sautè pan, heat the olive oil until hot but NOT smoking. Spanish champiñones al ajillo (garlic mushrooms)—a super simple tapas recipe that's full of flavor and spice!
Button Mushroom Tapas step by step
- Mince the cured ham, garlic, and parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Stuff the ingredients from Step 1 into the mushrooms..
- Heat a large amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Place the mushrooms from Step 2 into the frying pan with the filling side up. Continuously scoop the oil and pour it over the mushrooms as they fry. (Don't flip them over.).
- You can also fry the stems at the same time, so they're not wasted..
This version of champiñones al ajillo (a Spanish garlic mushrooms recipe) makes the perfect starter for a chilly autumn night. Great recipe for Button Mushroom Tapas. I love this dish served in Spanish bars, so I tried making it myself. Fry them in a large amount of oil. Tilt the frying pan to scoop the oil and drizzle it over the mushrooms.