You can cook Masoor Dal using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal
- You need 1/2 Cup of Masoor Dal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of medium Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of big Garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of green Chilis (slit).
- It’s 2 of dry red Chilis.
- Prepare 1 of big Tomato (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Mirch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Kasturi Methi.
- You need as needed of Coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
Masoor Dal step by step
- Preasure cook 1/2 Cup Masoor dal with enough water. Set aside..
- Heat 1 1/2 tblsp Ghee in a pot. Then add 1 tsp Cumin Seeds and let them crackle for few seconds. Now add the finely chopped Onion and 2 slit green Chilis to it. Mix well and saute till the Onion gets slightly brown in colour..
- Now add 1 tsp fineley chopped Ginger, 2 finely chopped Garlic cloves and 2 dry red Chilis to it. Mix well and saute till raw smell of Ginger and Garlic is gone. Then add the chopped Tomato and a bit Salt to it. Saute till tomato is mushy..
- Then add 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Mirch, 1/4 tsp Asafoetida, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala and 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder to it and mix well. Saute for 30-40 seconds..
- Now add the cooked Masoor dal and required water to it and mix well. When it starts to simmer add 2 tsp Kasuri Methi and mix well. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-10 Minutes..
- At the end add the Coriander leaves and 1 tsp Lemon juice. Masoor Dal is ready to enjoy :).