Creamy Paleo Clam Chowder. Clam chowder is one of those soups that I don't have too often, but when I do I really enjoy it and it was one of the soups I knew I had to perfect if I was going to go with Paleo for the long term. To start this off I go with plenty of fresh clams. The fresher you can get your clams the better.
It's flavorful, creamy, and dead simple to make. I ended up adapting that soup – without leeks – to create the Paleo Clam Chowder base, and it's a winner. The flavor-fest continues with a traditional mirepoix of celery, onion, and carrot. You can cook Creamy Paleo Clam Chowder using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Paleo Clam Chowder
- It’s 1 of head cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh thyme chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 can of shrimp broth/chicken broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 2 can of clams.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
This is a Paleo Clam chowder using a cauliflower cream sauce instead of flour to thicken it and also sunchokes instead of potatoes. You might also like this Paleo chicken pot pie soup too!. All during lent I was craving a New England style clam chowder. Of course I didn't get around to making it after Easter but I'll at least have this recipe for next year.
Creamy Paleo Clam Chowder step by step
- Boil sweet potato and cauliflower for 20 minutes or until tender. Mince garlic, chopped carrots, white onion, and celery..
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower. Set potatoes aside and add cauliflower to pot with carrots, garlic, white onion, bay leaves, thyme, ghee, coconut milk, and broth..
- Using hand blender blend until completely smooth. For thicker chowder, add one quarter of a sweet potato while blending . Heat in pot over medium heat. Stir in the undrained clams and sweet potatoes. Garnish with chopped bacon and green onions..
I don't know about you, but I LOVE a creamy bowl of Clam Chowder! I've been making this chowder for several years and I am really excited to share this recipe with you! Not only is this excellent made with dairy milk, but if you prefer to avoid dairy – I promise it's equally. This easy, gluten-free, low carb clam chowder recipe is creamy and healthy at the same time. This easy, gluten-free, low carb clam chowder recipe is creamy and healthy at the same time..