Italian potatoes with spinach. While potatoes are cooking, place oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small skillet and cook slowly over low heat until garlic is lightly browned. When potatoes are ready, cook spinach according to package directions. Add spinach, garlic-pepper oil (and some reserved liquid if needed) to potatoes.
In Italian kitchens, cooks will sometimes set aside the leftovers from a big meal to use in a frittata the following day. It's unclear when the frittata first started making an appearance in Italy, but. Classic scalloped potatoes get a burst of color, heartier texture and a healthy update with the addition of chopped spinach. You can cook Italian potatoes with spinach using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian potatoes with spinach
- It’s 7 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 27 oz of spinach, in a can.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of of water you used to boil the potatoes.
- It’s of water for boiling potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
The greens in this side dish also create a nice contrast to the creamy, velvety potatoes. The Best Italian Potato Dishes Recipes on Yummly Italian Potato Salad, Country-italian Chicken & Potatoes, Italian-style Saucy Roasted Potatoes. Italian Roasted Potatoes ZucchiniAn Italian in my kitchen.
Italian potatoes with spinach instructions
- Wash the potatoes.
- Boil your potatoes skin on dont break skin.
- When potatoes are done save a quarter cup of potato water you boiled them in..
- Drain the rest let potatoes sit and rest 3 minutes to steam themselves with skins on.after you have waited the time, peel the potatoes srcaping with a spoon..
- Heat oil in a pan slice the garlic, and fry till brown. cut potatoes into bite sized pieces. stir drained spinach into pan of garlic, olive oil. add rosemary, salt, and potatoes. Stir just a bit add potato water if needed. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add parsley.
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
In actuality, all I really did here was combine some mashed potatoes with scrumptious goodies and fried 'em. Sometimes the simplest things are the most satisfying. On the other hand, every kind of food benefits from some garlic, parmesan and spinach. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Spear the potatoes with fork tines in several places around Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi.