Chicken Tandoori. This is an authentic recipe for Tandoori chicken. Serve with long grain Basmati rice, cucumber salad, grilled veggies, roasted corn on the cob and finish off the meal with Kulfi (Indian ice cream). Tandoori chicken gets its name from the bell-shaped tandoor clay oven which is also used to make naan, or Indian flatbread.
Add chicken and toss until fully coated. Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in many other parts of the world. You can have Chicken Tandoori using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tandoori
- It’s 15/16 kg of chicken breast, or drumsticks or thighs, cleaned and skin removed.
- It’s of For the tandoori marinade:.
- Prepare 2 cups of yogurt, plain.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 3 tablespoons of grated ginger.
- It’s of red food colouring.
- You need of For the garam massala mixture: (makes 0.5 cup).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ground cardamom, seeds.
- You need 1 of cinnamon, stick, broken up.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cumin, seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoons of whole cloves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, grated.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried coriander, seeds.
- You need of Special equipment: an electric coffee/ spice grinder.
Dishes similar to tandoori chicken may have existed. This is an easy baked Tandoori Chicken recipe for everyone who happens not to have a tandoor sitting in the middle of your kitchen! Made with accessible ingredients from scratch, chicken is infused with flavour from a yogurt tandoori chicken marinade then baked until golden with little charred bits. Tandoori Chicken is a must have recipe!
Chicken Tandoori instructions
- Use a knife to make deep cuts on the surface of the chicken pieces. Place in a deep dish and set aside..
- To prepare the garam masala: mix, then toast all ingredients in a pan for 10 mn, transfer to a coffee/spice grinder and grind them into a powder..
- For the tandoori marinade, combine well all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until smooth adding salt according to taste..
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and make sure that all the chicken pieces are well coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (the longer the better)..
- Transfer the chicken pieces an their marinade to a baking dish. Cook in the oven while turning them every once in a while and basting with the remaining marinade. Cook for around 20 mn or until both sides are done..
- Serve on a plate and squeeze some lemon juice over..
It's just as good as what you'd get at an Indian restaurant and it's so easy to make! Chicken thighs are soaked in a creamy, well spiced, yogurt based marinade and then cooked on the grill to get that traditional char. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. This can be done up to a day in advance. Lift the chicken pieces onto a rack over a baking tray.