Dairy Free Apple Braid.
You can have Dairy Free Apple Braid using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dairy Free Apple Braid
- Prepare of Apple filling.
- Prepare 3 of Green apples.
- You need 3 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need of For braid.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Bread flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Instant yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Iodized salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Warm water.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 5 tsp of Whipping cream ( I used soy whipping cream ).
- It’s of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of confectioner’s sugar, sifted.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Iodized salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Nutmeg.
Dairy Free Apple Braid step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Making the filling: Peel, core, and slice the apples into thin slices, then cut the slices in half. Toss the apple pieces with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Bake the apple filling in an 8-inch square baking pan (or 9-inch pie tin) for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. (Note: Do not turn the oven off at this point. You will be using it to bake the finished braid.).
- Making the bread: While the apple filling is baking, begin preparing the bread dough. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and oil and mix the dough for 6 minutes using an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Spray a smooth clean surface with cooking spray and turn the dough out onto the surface. Knead the dough briefly to give it a smooth surface (this will only take several turns of the dough to accomplish). Spray a rolling pin with cooking spray and roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 12-inches by 16-inches in size. Lift onto a greased baking sheet. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each side into strips about 1-inch wide down each side, leaving the center third of the dough uncut. Spread the apple filling down the middle third of the dough. Fold strips of dough into the center, crisscrossing the filling by alternating strips from each side. Lightly press ends to seal, and straighten out the braid with your hands, if necessary,.
- Making the glaze: Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until blended and smooth. Brush the glaze in a thick coat over the entire surface of the apple braid while it is still cooling. Carefully transfer the braid to a cooling rack set on a baking sheet (to catch drips) to finish cooling and prevent the bottom of the braid from becoming soggy from sitting in any pooling glaze. Slice and serve..