🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan. Silky smooth, creamy, rich and sweet custard topped with oozing caramel sauce. Creme Caramel/milk leche/custard flan/ caramel flan, is an international favourite. The variation of names is a testament to how far reaching across the globe this favourite dessert really is.
Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Latin American cuisine since Spaniards brought it to Mexico during the Spanish occupation. Crème caramel (French: [kʁɛm kaʁaˈmɛl]), flan, caramel custard, egg pudding or caramel pudding is a custard dessert with a layer of clear caramel sauce. I made three for a big party and it was great. You can cook 🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan
- It’s of For the caramel topping.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 splash of water.
- Prepare of For the pudding/flan.
- It’s 4 of eggs (substitute it for egg replacer [follow instructions]).
- You need 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk (try to look for dairy-free).
- You need 1 of treacle of boiled milk (use dairy-free plant-based milk).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract (by Foster Clarks).
- It’s of For the topping (use any of your choice or all, if possible).
- You need of Red (or green) maraschino cherries (I use Hosen).
- Prepare of Whipped cream.
- It’s of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Chocolate syrup (by Hershey's).
- Prepare of Strawberry syrup (by Hershey's).
- It’s of Tinned mixed fruit cocktail (by Hosen).
Some tips I used were to let the eggs and cream cheese come to room temp before mixing, be sure to beat well after each egg is added for the lightest texture and don't overcook. Purin (aka Caramel Pudding or Creme Caramel). Ingredients There are many regional varieties of flan/creme caramel all over the world, with some places eating it with dulce de leche and using condensed milk, and others adding cream cheese. Step by step how to make caramel pudding.
🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan instructions
- To make this pudding or flan come to life, make the caramel topping first. Place 3 to 4 teaspoons of sugar on a silver wok and stir it with a metal spoon till the sugar turns into a reddish tint. Once the sugar dissolves and gets that desired hue, splash a bit of water to loosen the stickiness. At this stage, please be careful and look after yourself while you continue to stir the hot caramel. Any type of carelessness or distraction while making this can lead to serious injuries!.
- Pour the caramel in the metal mould. Once again… please be very careful while pouring it!!! Wear your oven-mittens and let this chill in the fridge. Now, start making the main body for the pudding/flan..
- Whisk 4 eggs (egg replacer powder mixed with water) and sweetened condensed milk (choose a plant-based version instead of the ones that come from the dairy) till they come together. Pour the boiled milk (plant-based; dairy-free) in a small steady stream and gradually, add the vanilla till they're all combined into a thick, velvety mixture..
- Give the pudding or flan batter 1 final stir with a metal spoon. Bring out the metal mould with the set caramel topping from the fridge. Strain it through a sieve to trap any air bubbles. If you don't do that, your dessert could end up having large holes like Swiss cheese and you obviously don't want that!.
- Cover the filled mould with aluminum foil, place it inside the giant steaming metal pot pre-filled half the way with water with a metal rack. If you're using a gas stove, the flame should be on medium heat and if you're using electric stove, adjust your temperature to medium… we don't want the pudding/flan to be neither undercooked with a low flame nor overcooked with a high flame. After everything's set, cover the steamer with a metal lid and put a brick on the top to hold it in place..
- My cream caramel/flan took approximately 2 hours 15 minutes to cook, even though it should normally take 2 hours 30 minutes to be done perfectly. I've chilled mine in the fridge for 48 hours before bringing it out to cut a tiny piece of it..
- Decorate this beauty with elegant toppings such as red maraschino cherries, tinned cocktail fruit, whipped cream, chocolate/strawberry syrup and/or rainbow sprinkles. But because of the lockdown caused by the covid-19 pandemic, the only topping I had in the fridge at the moment were these red rubies, otherwise known as the red maraschino cherries by Hosen. They are often sold in glass jars and soaked in syrup. How did the pudding/flan taste? It was… deeeelicious ! 😍🍮❤.
Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the hot milk. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. This is the first time I made caramel pudding. Followed the recipe and turned out perfectly. This is a great recipe and tastes light and delicious!