Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce.
You can have Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce
- It’s 200 g of tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch.
- It’s 4 of blocks tofu.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chili sauce.
- Prepare of Spices: 2 shallots, scallions, cooking oil.
Fried Tofu in Tomato Sauce step by step
- Tofu, rinsed and drained off the liquid, fried in a wok with cooking oil until golden then remove from oil and transfer to a plate..
- Tomatoes: de-stemmed and cut into wedges.
- Use the remaining cooking oil (about 2 teaspoons) in the wok to fry the shallots until fragrant then add tomatoes and toss evenly. Season with 2 teaspoons of soup base, 1 teaspoon of MSG or chicken stock, 1 small teaspoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of chili sauce, 1 cup of clean water (about 100 ml), let simmer in 2 minutes until tomatoes are tender..
- Toss in fried tofu and stir well to coat the tofu with sauce (over low heat). Mix 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch with some clean water in a cup and stir well until fully dissolved. Pour this mixture into the wok and stir well to create sliminess, let simmer in 2 minutes, sprinkle some scallions and toss well. Ready to serve immediately..
- Transfer to a serving plate. Bon appetit!.