Breakfast Fried Rice. It takes the base of leftover rice and switches up the traditional fried rice by adding in the leftover breakfast staples of bacon and eggs. Breakfast Fried Rice Fried rice isn't only for supper: it's awesome for breakfast as well! From Erica Kastner of Buttered Side Up.
Growing up with a Japanese father, we always had a pot of cooked rice at the ready and when we had leftovers (which was often), my father would make breakfast fried rice in the morning. This is my take on a childhood favorite. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. You can cook Breakfast Fried Rice using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Fried Rice
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s of Heaping 1 cup spinach.
- It’s 1 cup of leftover brown rice.
- You need 2 tsp. of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of toasted sesame oil.
Add rice to pan with bacon fat and toast the rice over medium-high heat. This healthy Breakfast Rice with Bacon is a delicious and filling make ahead breakfast recipe! It's a great camping recipe, meal prep recipe, and it's family friendly! I love that this healthy bacon fried rice packs in the flavor of bacon and chicken sausage along with the fresh veggies and brown rice.
Breakfast Fried Rice step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until it is softened and translucent. Then add the beaten egg to the pan. Cook and stir until the eggs are softly set, then add the spinach to the pan. Continue to cook and stir to wilt the spinach down..
- Add the leftover rice to the skillet along with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook and stir around for another couple of minutes to heat the rice through and toast it slightly, then remove the pan from the heat and serve..
Fried rice: it's what's for breakfast. No, not a cold serving from the box of leftover takeout in the fridge, but a homemade fried rice that's fast and easy for weekday mornings. This breakfast fried cauliflower rice is savory, filling, and ridiculously tasty! It's packed with veggies, bacon, seasoned just right, and topped with perfectly cooked eggs. While it's namesake is technically geared towards breakfast, it's also perfect for lunch or dinner!