Pierogi Grilled Cheese. Mix together the potatoes, bacon, green onions and sour cream. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Sharp cheddar cheese seems to be preferred.
Remove with slotted spoon or drain in colander. Homemade Pierogi are stuffed with a flavorful potato and cheese mixture, boiled, and fried up in melted butter for a delicious, indulgent, total comfort food dinner. This recipe comes straight from Poland you can sub the cheese for mashed potatoes and cheese, sautéed onions and potatoes or even plums you name it, it is great I. You can cook Pierogi Grilled Cheese using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pierogi Grilled Cheese
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of pierogies.
- You need 2 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 2 slice of Italian bread.
- It’s 1 slice of american cheese.
- You need 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 dash of paprika.
- It’s 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
Tested and Perfected Recipe for Authentic Polish Pierogi with Potatoes and Cheese. Traditional Polish dish at its best! The Best Cheese Pierogi Filling Recipes on Yummly Pierogi Ruskie (polish Dumplings With Potatoes And Cheese), Potato And Cheese Filling For Pierogi, Pierogies With Spicy Feta Filling.
Pierogi Grilled Cheese step by step
- Cook onions in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 2 minutes on medium heat..
- Add pierogies to onions and cook, flipping occasionally for 8 minutes or until crisp on both sides. Set aside..
- Cook bacon in separate pan or in microwave at the same time. I cook it in the microwave with paper towels to soak up the extra grease. Set aside..
- Butter the bread with the leftover butter while the pierogies are cooking..
- Place one piece of bread, butter side down, on pan. Do not turn the stove back on yet..
- Stack the rest of the ingredients on the bread. American cheese, pierogies with onions, paprika, pepper, bacon, cheddar cheese, and the last slice of bread, butter side up..
- Turn on stove top to medium heat. Cook one side of sandwich for five minutes or until cheese on bottom is slightly melted..
- Carefully flip the sandwich. Two spatulas didn't hurt!.
- Cook other side of sandwich for another few minutes. Continue cooking/ flipping until desired darkness of bread. Move to plate or cutting board..
- Wait a couple minutes and cut if preferred. Add sour cream to plate for dipping. Enjoy!.
Once potatoes are cooked, drain them and mash until smooth. The filling for these pierogi—a mixture of mashed potato, onion, and farmer cheese (a mild, white, dry-curd cottage. Grilled Cheese Recipe with Cream Cheese – Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich The Cheese Pierogi recipe out of our category Cheese! I finally get to eat Pierogi's!