Rasta Pasta. It's spicy, it's creamy, there's veggies, there's chicken, there's. Rasta pasta is creamy pasta tossed with Caribbean style jerk chicken and sauteed bell peppers. This dish is so full of flavor, and makes a great weeknight dinner that can be made in just half an hour!
The premise of the dish is not for the contents of the dish but for the colors (red, green and gold). Rasta Pasta is a Caribbean inspired pasta dish seasoned with jerk spices and tossed with colorful bell peppers. The name of the dish stems from Rastafarian culture. You can cook Rasta Pasta using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rasta Pasta
- You need Half of a box of penne pasta.
- Prepare of About 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of jerk seasoning.
- You need 1-2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Red and green peppers sliced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 teaspoons of canola oil.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
True Rastafarians do not consume any meat, shellfish, or animal by products such as dairy in their diet, which is why this pasta is typically made vegan. Hi guys! ♡ Today, I'm sharing this EASY, QUICK & DELICIOUS shrimp rasta pasta recipe with you guys! This is MY PERSONAL rasta pasta recipe, as there are countless variations. Whether you're seeking a classic jerk chicken plate or a delicious homemade penne pasta, we've got you covered!
Rasta Pasta step by step
- Take a pot out and put water to a boil. Once the water it boiling put in your pasta. Put some salt to taste. Cook for about 8 minutes or so depending on how tender you like your pasta..
- Now you take a pan and add the oil to it. Once a little hot add the garlic. Cook the garlic for a minute then add the peppers. Stir then add black pepper and the jerk seasoning. Let that cook for a couple of minutes. Now you want to add the heavy cream. Cook for about 3 minutes. Now stir then add the Parmesan cheese. Make let that sauce thicken a bit then once the sauce is thick enough then you add the pasta..
- Mix it all together and it’s done. Serve and enjoy..
Rasta Pasta is a colorful pasta dish made with a variety of bell peppers, creamy sauce and Caribbean seasonings, inspired by an original Italian recipe, but made with more traditional Jamaican ingredients. At Basta Pasta, we are especially excited about our Eldersburg location – our most recent addition. Hey guys I just wanted to share this Tutorial on how to make my Easy Jerk Shrimp Pasta with You guys. As always the steps are very easy to follow and you really don't need any kitchen experience. Cook pasta in a large pot, according to box instructions.