Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese. This truly is the BEST stovetop mac and cheese recipe! This weekend, Barclay and I went to a food festival here in Barcelona that was fabulously. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. I took the suggestion to buy a block of cheese and grate it myself (to avoid addition of anti-caking additives), and my cheese sauce was smooth, creamy, and beautiful. This stovetop mac and cheese is a one pot dish of tender macaroni in an ultra creamy cheese sauce. You can have Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese
- Prepare 1/2 lb of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 6 oz of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 10 oz of sharp cheddar, shredded.
The best macaroni and cheese recipe! After you try this homemade one pot mac and cheese, you'll never turn to the boxed version again. Find a favorite recipe for easy stovetop macaroni and cheese on Allrecipes.com.. My Baked Mac and Cheese is made differently, but you can bake this one too.
Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese step by step
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat..
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy..
Mix panko breadcrumbs with butter and parmesan, take the pot off the stove before it's done but enough sauce has reduced so the breadcrumbs will stay on top, then pop under grill/broiler for a few minutes. What Variations Can I make with this Classic Mac and Cheese? Time to ditch the boxed mac and cheese for this irresistibly creamy, smooth & cheesy homemade recipe! A big bowl of macaroni and cheese ranks right up there with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me when it comes to comfort food. My go-to macaroni and cheese is my favorite baked version – I love the buttery crumb topping and crusted bits of macaroni and cheese around the edges!.