Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside. In the mean time prepare the sauce in a bowl. I either use agave or sugar to balance the saltiness of the sauce (add as little or as much depending on your preference.
My General Tso's tofu is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and savory. This recipe is a reader request – thanks Marshette! Much like Singapore Noodles, I had never actually tried General Tso's stir fry before. You can have Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles
- It’s of Tofu.
- It’s of Broccoli (or any vegetable your desire).
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Soy sauce (gluten free).
- You need of Powder Ginger.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Agave or Sugar.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Vegan asian noodles.
- You need of Sunflower oil or similar.
But from what I hear, it's. This General Tso's tofu is deliciously battered and fried until crispy and then drenched in the most amazing sauce. It's savory and sweet with the perfect amount of spice and all things nice. It's also pretty quick to make and super high in protein.
Vegan General Tso Tofu and Noodles step by step
- Use extra firm tofu. Drain and cover in paper towel to remove moisture. After, cut into bite size cubes. Place corn starch in a bowl. You can add seasoning to the cornstarch if you desire. Cover the tofu cubes in the cornstarch shaking off extra powder..
- After all tofu has been prepared, heat oil in a shallow pot on high heat. Carefully fry the tofu. Be mindful that moisture can escape tofu into hot oil and it can burn you. Fry until golden and crispy. When done set aside..
- Blanch broccoli. Don't over cook. Set aside..
- In the mean time prepare the sauce in a bowl. I do 2 tbsp of soy sauce to 1 tbsp of sesame oil. 1/2 tsp of ginger. I either use agave or sugar to balance the saltiness of the sauce (add as little or as much depending on your preference. I like mine a little sweet) Add 3 tbsp of water to dilute sauce..
- Cook noodles as per instructions. Once all of the cooked ingredients are done; heat a wok or pan adding the Broccoli and tofu. Add the sauce and noodles and let it cook down until it thickens..
- After plating, garnish with sesame seeds and eat!.
Cook the rice noodles as directed and if you want fry them for a minute in some soy sauce if desired. Add some freshly steamed broccoli and you're good to go. Ingredients: block of extra firm tofu, rice noodles, wegmans General Tso's sauce or similar, flour, water, salt, corn starch, hot pepper flakes. Shake and turn them around in the halfway through. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, samba, vegetable stock and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and set aside.