Potato salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is widely believed to have originated in Germany, spreading widely throughout Europe and later to European colonies.
Some have firm potatoes and other ingredients that I don't have in my recipe. Potato salad is notorious for giving hapless picnickers a bout of food poisoning! It's not actually the mayo that goes bad (mayonnaise is acidic enough to prevent bacteria from growing), but rather the. You can have Potato salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato salad
- You need 5 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 2-3 of celery.
- You need 2-3 of green onions.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 can of olives.
- It’s of Mayo.
- It’s of Mustard.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s 4-5 of Dill pickles.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
There are creamy potato salads, vinegar-based potato salads, warm potato salads, cold potato salads, and a world of The potatoes you use will make all the difference in the texture of your salad. Rocky and Tyler Rapping Over "KNOCK KNOCK" By Monica and Missy Elliott: Produced by Kanye West. Healthy Potato Salad with all traditional ingredients but not drowning in cups of mayo. Creamy, flavorful and a must at any summer gathering.
Potato salad step by step
- Peel and cut them into bite size and wash them. And put them in the water and cook them till fork tender.
- Also start the eggs as well.
- While everything is cooking start the chopping of the celery pickles olives and green onions. And put them in the refrigerator…
- Drain the potatoes and put them in the refrigerator. Same with eggs.
- Let everything cool off for about an hour or 2. And then put the potatoes in a large bowl and add salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the veggie to the bowl as well. And add done big spoon fills of mayo and mix. Keep adding more may till you like it..
- Add the eggs to it and add the garlic and paprika to the mix… I like a lot of garlic so I add a lot but you can make it however you like it…
- Add some mustard to the mix and stir it nice and good..
- Serve it cold and it super easy and yummy… I make my macaroni salad like this as well but dont put in the mustard..
Let me show you my healthified Ukrainian version of this North. Want to make potato salad just like your mom used to? This Red Potato Salad recipe is the perfect potluck side, or lunch side for work or a picnic. What makes or breaks a potato salad is whether there's lots of flavor incorporated into the dish. Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion.