Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili. The warm, spiced beef with the creamy hummus creates a wonderful taste and texture pairing that is perfect scooped up with toasted pita bread. To Make the Spicy Beef: add the ground beef to a large skillet or cast iron pan along with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, dried oregano, cayenne pepper. Hummus with Spicy Beef recipe: A delicious and more Hearty Hummus with extra Meat from Rouxbe.
How to Cook Spicy Beef and Hummus Wrap. Top it with chili flakes and tomato slices. This recipe is the culmination of several years' worth of experimenting to get just the right flavor. You can cook Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili
- You need of Chili Ingredients.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Lean ground beef of choice.
- It’s 2 of Green Peppers (diced).
- You need 2 of Red Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 2 large of Poblano Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of containers of Roasted Red Hummus.
- It’s 2 can of Tri Colored Beans (drained).
- Prepare 2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 of Ripe Avocados.
- You need 2 of Squeezed Limes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 3 packages of chili powder.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of seasoning salt.
- It’s of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need 1 packages of Crackers.
- You need 1 packages of Cheese of choice.
In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. This recipe for hummus is supremely spicy thanks to a generous amount of cayenne pepper added; serve with pita bread. I made this after watching Al Roker make it on his morning show. My family prefers the more tradional mild ground beef and beans type of chili but I needed a change.
Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili step by step
- I used a Crockpot for this recipe, but a large pot will work also. Prepare something large for it all to go into..
- Brown meat, add to pot..
- Open all cans of tomato paste and diced tomatoes, do not drain and add to pot..
- Drain cans of beans and add to pot..
- Use a spoon and add hummus to pot..
- Finely dice all peppers, avocados, and onion and add to pot..
- Add brown sugar to pot..
- Finely dice cilantro and add to pot..
- Squeeze juices of two limes into pot and stir..
- Add three packages of Chili Powder and the rest of the seasonings to taste. I put "to taste" in case you prefer more or less of something. I love cumin and crushed red pepper so I was heavy on both..
- Let it cook! I had mine in the Crockpot for approximately 6 hours and it was great!.
- Add shredded cheese of choice and crackers to finish it off, enjoy!.
It is spicy, but I personally did not find this too spicy. The Best Asian Spicy Beef Recipes on Yummly Spicy Beef With Bamboo And Couscous, Asian-marinated Oven Roasted Steak, Beef And Veggie Bibimbap. Our spice-driven, powerhouse chili packs kidney beans, seasoned beef, red and green peppers, onions and garlic in a hearty inferno of paprika and Water, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Kidney Beans, Seasoned Cooked Beef And Pork Crumble (Beef And Pork, Salt, Spice Extractive). Help this bucking bull give this spicy beef chili the perfect kick!