Gyoza Chicken Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Another way to eat gyoza, besides the classic pan-fried version, is to eat them boiled in soup! These gyoza are handmade from scratch, including the gyoza wrappers, so you know exactly what's in it and you can avoid the nasty preservatives that are added to the store-bought stuff.
Gyoza soup is simple and all ingredients including meat are available in ordinary supermarkets. Chicken gyoza soup is exactly what we usually eat in autumn evenings. Gyoza is a type of Japanese dumpling, where the filling is usually a mixture of ground meats and cabbage with spices and seasonings that are wrapped in a thin wonton wrapper. You can cook Gyoza Chicken Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gyoza Chicken Soup
- Prepare of Steamed gyoza (see other recipe Gyoza).
- You need 1 bundle of udon (90 g).
- Prepare 6 cups of water for cooking noodles.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 inch of ginger (thinkly sliced).
- Prepare 100 g of spinach or as many as you like.
- You need 1/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms (I used dried shiitake).
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of green onion for garnish.
This recipe is gyoza (dumplings) in chicken soup. Boiled gyoza is very common in Japan. Sometimes we add dumplings in nabe (hot pot). You can use many kinds of vegetables in this recipe, and feel free to use frozen or prepared gyoza.
Gyoza Chicken Soup step by step
- Cook udon in boiling water according to package instruction. Set aside..
- In a cooking pot, add broth, ginger, pepper, salt, soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a boil..
- Add chopped celery and boil for another 3 mins..
- Add spinach to blanch on soup for 1 minute or according to cooking preference..
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl with udon, garnish with green onions, add steamed gyoza and serve hot..
This homemade recipe for Chicken Gyoza Recipe are amazing. The dumplings are crispy on the outside while the chicken is tender and juicy on the inside. See great recipes for Gyoza dipping sauce, Gyoza, Gyoza Chicken Soup too! Tip the ingredients into a bowl and add the minced pork or chicken. Mix by hand until well combined.