Jack fruit tomato curry. Jack-fruit curry or kathal masala curry very tasty, very spicy a must try preparation. kathal made with bhuna masala and some Indian spices tastes heavenly so try and send your feed back. Made with creamy coconut milk, this popular curry is a must-try jackfruit recipe. One of the best foods to increase lactation for new moms.
Find easy and basic steps of various recipes in this channel. Lets have a look to a new recipe. The raw fruit is easily available in the spring season. You can have Jack fruit tomato curry using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jack fruit tomato curry
- Prepare of Cut, clean, wash and slice Jack fruit into small pieces.
- Prepare 2-3 of potatoes diced(optional).
- It’s 3-4 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli coarse (sukha lal mirch kuta huwa).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds (methi).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds (sarson).
- It’s 1-2 of green chillies.
- You need 2 of oinions (1 chopped finely).
- It’s to taste of Ginger and garlic according.
- You need leaves of Some curry.
- You need leaves of Some chopped coriander.
- You need leaves of Some chopped onion.
We call Jackfruit as Kathal in Hindi. It is a vegetarian replacement for meat. I prepare this recipe in aromatic Indian Spice. If you prepare this curry in my way, trust me it tastes no less than your chicken or meat curry.
Jack fruit tomato curry step by step
- Put the Jack fruit in a pressure cooker and diced potatoes on top of it add salt and 1 spatula of water..let it to have 2-3 whistle then open it.
- In a grinder add (ginger, garlic, onion chopped, 3-4 curry leaves, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, green chillies, all tomatoes chopped) grind all.
- In a saucepan add some oil..after heating add fenugreek seeds, rest cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onions, curry leaves when onions becomes brown add chilli coarse and all grind ingredients..add some salt cover let cook for 2 minutes then add Jack fruit mix well.. cover it let it cook for 2 mins and garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves.. it's ready to serve👍.
In a food processor, blitz the garlic, ginger, onion and salt to a smooth paste. Add water if you need to, but very little. Put the oil into a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. The ripe jack fruit can be enjoyed as a fruit and the unripe green jack fruit is often used in plant based dishes and is a good meat substitute. Jack fruit is very neutral in taste, so it can easily take the flavors of the dish you are making.