Chicken Leek Pie. This easy chicken and leek pie is a firm favourite in my house. It's easy to make, really tasty, and approved by both my kids and my husband! In full disclosure, I will let you know that one of my kids only eats the chicken from the filling, maybe one tiny piece of carrot and the pastry on top, but she's 'learning to like' stuff so that.
Drain, cool them under cold water and remove the shells. Quarter the eggs and nestle them in the pie dish among the chicken pieces. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan,add the chicken and fry until coloured all over. You can cook Chicken Leek Pie using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Leek Pie
- Prepare 3 of chunks of chicken breast.
- It’s 3 of leeks.
- Prepare 2 of mushroom boxes.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- It’s 1 of garlic teeth.
- It’s 200 ml of heavy sweet cream (30%+).
- Prepare 5 pieces of spinach or box of kale or water cress.
- You need of vegetable broth.
- It’s of Baking dough.
Add the chicken and stir, sprinkle in the flour and stir well. Pour over the chicken stock, stir and season well. I used one massive leek and it was more than enough leek. Added some herbs to my roasted chicken breasts.
Chicken Leek Pie step by step
- Heat sliced mushrooms to narrow them.
- Add sliced garlic and onion.
- Add bay leaves.
- Add leek sliced.
- Add vegetable broth in a warm cup of water.
- Add sweet cream.
- Add kale or spinach.
- Grill chicken breast in small chunks. Can add pepper and salt.
- Mix it all up.
- Pour to vessle. Cover in dough, brush with some milk.
- Heat in oven, Y fan, 180 degrees. 30'.
The people who added other vegetables must have a bigger skillet than I do. Line the tin and leave the excess hanging over. Roll the remainder of the pastry to fit the top. Spoon your filling mixture into the pie dish and sprinkle over the cheese. Like its close cousin, steak and kidney pie, British chicken pie is part of the fabric of British food.