Tex-Mex Eggs. Top with the avocado and coriander leaves, and serve with the remaining lime wedges. Crush over some tortilla chips and drizzle with hot sauce, if you like. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
This twist on classic deviled eggs is a flavorful recipe that guests are sure to love. This recipe, probably slightly adapted, is from a Betty Crocker cookbook. This is quick and super delicious.. You can cook Tex-Mex Eggs using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex-Mex Eggs
- It’s of Eggs.
- You need of Chipotle Powder.
- You need of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Chopped Green Onion.
- It’s of Pickled Jalapenos.
- Prepare of Crumbled Queso Fresco.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
As the eggs begin to set on the bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that the thin uncooked portion can flow to the bottom. Remove the egg dish from the oven and sprinkle the eggs with cheese. Return the egg dish to the oven along with the baking sheet with the tortilla chips. Here's a speedy skillet scramble from Patsy Grimes of Port Aransas, Texas.
Tex-Mex Eggs step by step
- This isn't a recipe… Just a meal idea..
- Cook the eggs however you prefer them. I like mine over easy. The runny yolk make a great sauce!.
- Dust with a little chipotle powder and then top with tomatoes, queso fresco, onion, and jalapenos. Salt and pepper to taste..
It combines eggs, sausage, tortillas, jalapeno and cheese. "This recipe came from a Mexican-American friend, "she writes. "I knew it was a winner the first time I made it." Next Recipe. Tex-Mex migas feature scrambled eggs with tortilla chips, onion, chili pepper, and tomato. [Photographs: Vicky Wasik. Video: Serious Eats Video] The Tex-Mex version of migas—scrambled eggs cooked with chili peppers, onion, and tortilla chips, then served on tortillas with hot sauce—is a hangover killer, but even if you haven't overindulged, it's still a killer breakfast option. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and desired amount of chili powder. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.