Chickpea and chorizo tapas. This chickpea and chorizo tapas recipe combines flavorful Spanish chorizo with piquillo peppers and chickpeas, creating a succulent summertime dish that is a perfect dinner on a sweltering evening. Tapas, or small Spanish savory dishes, are perfect for when the warmth of summer arrives, and most cooking comes to a halt. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
Heat a large frying pan and fry the chorizo until the oils start releasing and the meat brows. Remove the sausage and set aside. Heat the remaining olive oil in a small skillet over med/high heat. You can cook Chickpea and chorizo tapas using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and chorizo tapas
- It’s 200 g of chorizo.
- Prepare 200 g of chickpeas.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Red onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s to taste of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 spoonfuls of passata.
- You need Squeeze of lime.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
In a medium, enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil. Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Fried Chickpeas With Chorizo – Mark Bittman Drain the excess oil, then stir in the spices.
Chickpea and chorizo tapas instructions
- Chop onion and garlic, fry gently for a few minutes. Add paprika, salt. Remove skin from chorizo, chop and add it to the pan. Cook on medium heat for about 5-6 mins.
- Add chickpeas, stir and then add passata. Cook for another 5 minutes then add a squeeze of lime. Enjoy as part of a tapas dinner :).
- My tapas dinner 🙂 recipes to follow.
Pour in the tomatoes, lemon juice, chickpeas and seasoning. When it's hot, add chickpeas and sprinkle with salt and pepper. This Chickpeas and Chorizo dish can be eaten hot or at room temperature – we prefer to eat it hot. Also it can be served as a tapa, a starter or even a main course. But the dish's history goes far beyond Andalusia.