Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap). Kecap manis is such a deliciously versatile sauce and will do wonders for a vast variety of Asian-inspired dishes! The word manis means "sweet" in Malay/Indonesian and so the sauce is often referred to as "sweet soy sauce." The method for making it is much like a balsamic vinegar reduction. Tempe (Beancake aka Tempeh) and Tahu (Beancurd aka Tofu) are famous dishes in Indonesia.
In a non-stick pan, heat up oil over medium high heat. The Best Indonesian Salad Recipes on Yummly Indonesian Tofu, Bean Sprout, And Cucumber Salad With Spicy Peanut DressingShiny Cooking. You can cook Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap)
- Prepare of For salad:.
- You need of Deep fried tofu (you can use silk or firm tofu then fried it) mine I bought it in Asian store and it’s already fried.
- It’s of Fried egg (egg omelette).
- It’s of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Shredded carrot.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Chopped green onion.
- It’s of Little oil.
- Prepare of For sauce:.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Sliced shallots.
- It’s of Chopped birds chilliest or Thai chilies.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
This pan-fried tofu is a really easy way to make tofu. By pan-frying it, you get a nice, slightly crispy texture on it and then dip it in this awesome Prepare the sauce by combining the scallion, soy, garlic, sesame oil and chili sauce (if using) in a small bowl. The key in is the dipping sauce so be. Tahu Telur (Indonesian Tofu Omelette Salad) – Tofu and egg omelettes are piled with fresh vegetables and dressed in a peanut dressing.
Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) instructions
- For salad: In a small bowl crack the egg and beat it until no white remind. Set aside..
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Pour in eggs and tilt pan so eggs fully cover the entire pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flipped over, cook another side too..
- When the egg turns golden brown turns off the heat. Transfer the egg omelette on a plate or cutting board. You can sliced or either leave it as it is..
- Sliced the fried tofu. And mixed all the vegetables..
- For the sauce: In a small bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mixed well..
- For assembly: I like to arrange the whole omelette on a plate, then add the vegetables on it. Sprinkle with tofu sliced then lastly pour the sauce over the tofu. But of course you can sliced your omelette and arranged it with the rest of the ingredients..
- Enjoy 😊.
- Note: For me I like to enjoy it with Indonesian shrimp crackers..
- ❤️HappyCooking ❤️.
A light yet satisfying meatless meal you will enjoy eating. Tahu Telor / Tofu Omelettes was one of the dishes that we often ordered whenever we went out to. Grind the following into spice paste. In small pot, add brown sugar and soy sauce. Boil the sauce over low to medium flame until thickens resembling maple syrup.