Naked fish tacos. This is one of my husband's all-time favorite meals. I've even converted some friends to fish after eating this. These fish tacos have a delicious crisp cabbage and carrot slaw, then drizzled with a lightened up chili-lime sauce.
Read on to see what makes these tacos so People can be intimidated by cooking fish for tacos, but don't be! After marinating, the fish just needs. To assemble the tacos, add a bit of the cabbage slaw to a warmed tortilla. You can cook Naked fish tacos using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Naked fish tacos
- You need 1 cup of coleslaw mix.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of green onion sliced 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper.
- You need 4 teaspoons of canola oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoons of salt divided.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoons of pepper divided.
- You need 2 of tilapia fillets 6 oz each.
- It’s 1/2 of medium ripe avocado peeled and sliced.
Top with a piece of fried fish, avocado. Easy Fish Tacos are quick & healthy with a homemade spice mix and your favorite toppings! While a deep fried, Baja style, street fish taco is my ultimate favorite, it wasn't my inclination to I'm usually a flour tortilla kind of gal, but fish tacos call for a sturdier binder. Easy, excellent fish tacos with the best fish taco sauce; an irresistible lime crema.
Naked fish tacos instructions
- Place first four ingredients in a bowl toss with 2 teaspoons oil lime juice cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper refrigerate until serving.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towel sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork 3 to 4 minutes per side. Top with slaw and avocado..
Our all-time favorite Fish Tacos recipe! Fish tacos, that great meal of the Baja Peninsula, and a taste of summer. They are simple to make, no more complicated in fact than a hamburger or a mess of pancakes, and they are considerably more. These Baja fish tacos are made from crispy beer-battered cod tucked into corn tortillas, topped with a Baja Fish Tacos. By Jennifer Segal (slaw and chipotle sauce adapted from Cook's Illustrated).