One pot rice cooker chicken biryani. Cook the perfect biryani in a rice cooker. chicken Biryani in Electric Rice Cooker Traditional chicken biryani is made by layering marinated chicken and then layered with parboiled rice, herbs,saffron milk & then ghee. The recipe shared here in this post details a short cut method to make a simple one pot delicious chicken biryani in a pressure cooker or a pot.
Chicken Biryani in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This is a one-pot Chicken Biryani, with fragrant rice and tender chicken pieces cooked in spices and caramelized onions. When this biryani was cooking, the whole house had the fragrance of the amazing something cooking in the pot. You can have One pot rice cooker chicken biryani using 32 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One pot rice cooker chicken biryani
- Prepare of Marinated chicken.
- Prepare 400 g of diced chicken thigh fillet.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 3 of garlic clove minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground corinader.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need 2 cups of basmati rice.
- Prepare 350 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fried shallots.
- You need 1/4 cup of mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh coriander, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Star anise.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 2 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 50 grams of ghee or unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s of Chopped fresh mint and coriander.
- It’s of Fried shallots.
QUICK CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE This one-pot chicken biryani is a quick version of the classic Indian biryani. A savory rice dish made with elegant basmati rice, Indian spices and caramelized onions in a yogurt-based marinade, that keeps this chicken tender and juicy. Chicken biryani is a dish for celebration. If you need to feed a crowd or are hosting a dinner party, this is a dish to make that will greet your guest with the scent of a delicious meal to come — a meal that you made in a slow cooker.
One pot rice cooker chicken biryani instructions
- Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients together in a bowl, cover and rest for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Rinse basmati rice 3 times and then soak for 15 minutes and drain water.
- Place the marinated chicken in the bottom of the rice cooker bowl ensuring it is evenly spread across the base.
- Top the chicken with the fresh mint, coriander, chilli, and fried shallots..
- Later on top with drained rice, water, oil, salt, Star anise, clove, bay leaf, cardamom pod..
- Set rice cooker to cook or white rice mode depending on your model. Should take 40 minutes..
- When the rice cooker is complete, open and remove the dried spices and add the garnish ingredients. Close the lid and let it steam further under the keep warm function for another 10 minutes..
- Fluff the top layer of rice and scoop to the very bottom to get a mix of rice and chicken. Serve hot with raita..
Just because a meal is made in a slow cooker doesn't mean there won't be. Authentic and flavorful chicken biryani ready to eat in an hour? Yes, it's absolutely possible with an Instant Pot! But really, what's not to love about perfectly seasoned chicken + rice in one pot? I'm sharing this recipe for the most amazing Instant Pot Chicken Biryani from my cookbook, Indian Food.