Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad. One of the simplest Salad Recipes, this spicy Asian cucumber salad with green onions is tossed in a soy sauce and sesame oil dressing. This is one of my favorite Asian salads — light, refreshing, and simple. Chopped cucumbers and sliced scallions are combined with a savory dressing of soy sauce.
The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness. This spicy cucumber salad contains many of the same ingredients as cucumber kimchi but it isn't fermented, so you can eat it right away. You can cook Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad
- Prepare 6-7 of Persian cucumbers.
- Prepare 1/4 c of rice vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of shoyu or tamari.
- Prepare 2 tsp of agave syrup or sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce, or to taste.
The cucumbers are thinly sliced and coated in a zesty blend of vinegar, sesame, and gochugaru (also known as Korean red pepper powder, which I highly. This spicy Asian cucumber sesame salad is super easy to make. All you need to do is slice the cucumbers as thin as possible, then dress with a simple dressing and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and sesame to taste. If you have a mandoline slicer, this would be a good time to put it to use.
Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad step by step
- Wash and trim cucumbers. Cut into chunks. Place cucumbers in a bowl..
- Place remainder of ingredients in the bowl..
- Toss ingredients well to combine..
- Top with sesame seeds as a garnish if you wish. Serve..
My fav Asian side dish ! Traditionally made with papaya, but we're using cucumbers today. Also really popular is green mango. This spicy Chinese cucumber salad will kickstart your tastebuds and give you a salty sweet combo along with it! Additionally, I was really hoping he was adventurous because in a lot of Asian cuisine, you have to be!