Japanese Cheesecake. Making rich, creamy cheesecake is easier than you think. This Japanese version of the crowd-pleasing dessert combines cheesecake flavor with a souffle-like, cakey texture that jiggles like jelly but tastes fresh and airy. Soufflé Cheesecake originated in Japan and is widely known as Japanese Cheesecake or Japanese Cotton Cheesecake outside of Japan.
Perfect Japanese Cheesecake / cotton cheesecake recipe for a pillowy soft, light-as-air & heavenly cheesecake, no crack top & straight side. Japanese cheesecake is very different from regular cheesecake. It is cotton soft, light, fluffy and the one of the best cheesecakes I have ever tasted. You can have Japanese Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Cheesecake
- It’s 85 g of cream cheese.
- You need 30 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 65 g of milk.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 35 g of cake flour.
- You need 10 g of corn starch.
- It’s 2 g of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 55 g of sugar.
Japanese cotton cheesecake is also jiggly, due to the meringue egg white mixture in the recipe. Before you start baking, make sure you have all the. Although the Japanese patisseries make a whole bunch of delectable cakes that look amazing, they never seem to make the cheesecakes ` correctly `. If using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides completely in foil twice to prevent any leakage.
Japanese Cheesecake step by step
- Melt the cheese and butter into the milk over the stove..
- In a separate bowl with the egg yolks, sift the flour and corn starch in. Add the vanilla then mix..
- Add the cheese mixture until everything is well combined..
- In another bowl beat the egg whites and add the sugar gradually until u reach stiff peaks.
- Combine the egg whites into the mixture..
- Pour the mixture in the pan and put it in a water bath.
- Bake at 120° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 150° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 110° for 30 mins.
- Bake at 180° for 5 mins.
Japanese cheesecake or also known as cotton cake, Japanese souffle cake or pillow cake is a kind of sponge cake where the egg whites are whipped into a meringue and then added to the cream cheese-egg yolk batter to create a fluffy texture. Beat cream cheese with milk to soften. Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice. Japanese Cheesecake (otherwise called a "Japanese cotton cheesecake" or "jiggly cheesecake") maintains the same tangy sweetness of the popular American dessert but is known for its signature ultra-fluffy texture and custard-like wobbliness. The meringue will start to turn bright white and glossy.