Gluten Free Blueberry Rice Muffins.
You can have Gluten Free Blueberry Rice Muffins using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten Free Blueberry Rice Muffins
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 C of milk.
- You need 2 TB of sugar.
- It’s 2 TB of canola oil.
- You need 1 C of rice flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated lemon/lime.
- It’s 1/2 C of fresh blueberries.
Gluten Free Blueberry Rice Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 425° and lightly grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Prepare the streusel topping (I found that this recipe just dissolved into the batter for some reason!! I have not yet experimented with the varying ratios etc).
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and sugar. Add oil and mix together until incorporated and you have a sandy texture. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, and canola oil until well blended..
- Prepare the muffin batter: in a separate bowl combine the white rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon/lime zest. Carefully stir in the blueberries. (Heads up: I am personally not a sweets kinda gal but I did feel that the rice flour was quite bland – so if you like sweet you may want to add more of sugar or the lemon/lime zest).
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. (I found the batter to be extremely liquidy – because of the rice I presume – but it bakes well regardless- it came out kind of springy and sponge-y…).
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned..
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before consumption. Enjoy!.