Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo. Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo codyW Maurepas Louisiana. Cajun Chicken and Sausage Spaghetti. by codyW ; Related keywords. Join Chef Bourque as he prepares his Cajun Cabbage on the bayou in his Dutch Oven.
See great recipes for Cajun butter beans an shrimp, Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo too! This rich southern-style stew with beef, pork, and all kinds of vegetables has a smoky flavor thanks to prepared barbeque sauce. The big stew needs several hours to simmer. You can have Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo
- It’s of I cabbage chopped.
- You need 1 can of rotel.
- Prepare 1 can of chunky rotel.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet corn.
- It’s 2 packs of chopped ham or whatever meat you wanna use doesn’t Matter.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbs of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s of Butter at least 4 tablespoons or 2 blocks.
- Prepare 15 oz of container of season blend /holy trinity,onion,bellpepper,celery or use fresh ingredients to your liking.
Put the pork, veal, beef, lamb, and chicken into a large pot. Add the water and bring it to a boil slowly. Sprinkle with onion salt, pepper and red pepper. Layer in slow cooker, in order, carrots, onion, chicken, potatoes, green pepper and stewed tomatoes with juice.
Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo instructions
- Melt butter, then cook chopped ham for 5 mins or whatever meat your using.
- Then add holy trinity or season blend cook till tenderer add half your seasons with it.
- Then put your cabbage in an add remaining seasons cook for at least two hours on a simmer then it’s done !.
But during the rest of the year I really miss it and the Low Country Boil seems to tide me over until April comes again. Pare the potatoes and onions and dice them. Add them, plus the carrots, green peppers, cabbage, tomato puree, corn, red pepper, okra, parsley, lima beans, celery, and bourbon, to the meat and stock. Season to taste with the salt, pepper, Tabasco, steak sauce. Put all ingredients in a Dutch oven.