Tortilla de patatas tapas (Spanish omelette). Tortilla de Patatas or Spanish frittata is a traditional tapa from Spain. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Passover too! Now slide the omelet into the frying pan.
The farmers use to prepare omelette and bring them for lunch during the long days of harvest. The tortilla was also one of the main meals of the Spanish soldiers during the military campaigns. Nowadays, Tortilla de Patatas is a national dish and eaten at any hour of the day. You can cook Tortilla de patatas tapas (Spanish omelette) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortilla de patatas tapas (Spanish omelette)
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of potatoes chopped in small cubes.
- It’s of Onion chopped.
- It’s of Parsley chopped.
- You need to taste of Paprika.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
The Spanish omelette is a protagonist of. Mastering a classic Spanish dish just got easier. The wonderful Omar Allibhoy is back with his favourite recipe for Tortilla de Patatas – or Spanish omelette to you and me! Along with paella, the ubiquitous tortilla de patatas – is perhaps one of the best-known Spanish dishes.
Tortilla de patatas tapas (Spanish omelette) step by step
- Par boil the potatoes for just a few mins until nearly cooked. Set aside to cool..
- When potatoes are cool, chop onion and parsley and fry gently in oil. Add paprika and salt. Add potatoes and cook until they're slightly brown..
- Turn on the grill. Add the beaten eggs and give a little mix before the egg settles. Then leave to settle and cook for a few mins. Finish cooking the top of the omelette under the grill. Avoids flipping it and breaking it 😉 chop into pieces and enjoy with my other tapas recipes :).
It is impossible to find a self-respecting tapas bar that does not feature tortilla in its repertoire. As delicious as it is versatile, this Spanish staple lends itself to countless variations according to personal taste. In Spain you will easily find a good excuse to hang out with your friends and eat some "Tapas" or "Pinchos". They are usually eaten in bars as a small snack and there is a huge variety to choose from. Between all of them the Spanish Omelette is a classic.