Green Mac and Cheese.
You can have Green Mac and Cheese using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Mac and Cheese
- You need of Macaroni.
- You need 280 grams of macaroni.
- You need 1.5 litre of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Green Paste.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary (2 if you fancy).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 60 grams of spinach (or any kinds of greens you have in your fridge).
- It’s 30 grams of parsley.
- It’s of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- You need 800 grams of half-and-half.
- Prepare 64 grams of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 255 grams of quick-melted cheese (I use soft cheddar).
- Prepare of Topping (optional).
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need of Cream.
Green Mac and Cheese step by step
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Cook the macaroni in simmering water with vegetable oil and salt until al dente (you can chew it but not 100% cooked so you won’t have overcooked macaroni on your plate later). Strain the macaroni.
- Throw all of your green paste ingredients into food processor.
- Make sure you have a smooth looking paste. Do not worry over the smell. It’ll taste good I promise.
- Melt the butter on a pan to start working on the cheese sauce.
- Pour in the half-and-half and add add the flour before the mixture start to simmer. Your mixture will start to thicken so mix it well with a whisker.
- Add 4 tablespoonful of the green paste and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and basil. Don’t forget to taste.
- Add the macaroni and then gently fold it in.
- I cut my cheese into boxes (just because I hate washing cheese shredder) then add them to the pan. Fold them in gently.
- There you have it! Your green mac and cheese. I love to add a pice of butter to my plate of pasta for some extra richness.
- Feel free to add some cheese or both cheese and cream over your mac and cheese in a butter-lined baking dish and continue cooking it in 180 degrees Celcius oven for 10 minutes.