Crispy Pork Belly.
You can cook Crispy Pork Belly using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Pork Belly
- You need block of Pork belly.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of five spice powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
Crispy Pork Belly instructions
- Simmer the pork block in hot water with some ginger, spring onion and rice wine for 30 minutes..
- Remove from hot water and dry the skin with a towel. Use a sharp object such as fork, knife or tenderizer to poke holes on the skin. Poke as many holes as possible. Then, apply a layer of vinegar on the skin..
- Marinate the back of the meat with the seasoning ingredients. You can cut strips on the meat to let the meat absorb more spice, but not to overcut till the skin. Leave the pork marinate in the fridge for 24 hours..
- Bake the meat in an oven for 30 minutes at 160 degree celcius. Put a tray of water under the oven rack for moisture, so the meat wont be dry..
- Finally, bake the meat at 200 degree celcius for 10 to15 minutes and you will notice the skin turn golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and scratch away any black burnt on the skin and serve..