Tofu Tikka Masala.
You can have Tofu Tikka Masala using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Tikka Masala
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare of Greek Yogurt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need to Taste of Salt.
- You need 8 of Cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger minced.
- You need 2 Cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 block of tofu (or as much as you want, you can replace it with chicken or fish or even paneers).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of large Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Chilli roasted with seeds. (i omitted this because i dont eat spicy 🥵).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of tspn paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala (use half if you think it's too strong).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of tomato Canned (i used 3 tomatoes blended).
- Prepare 130 ml of Cooking Cream.
Tofu Tikka Masala instructions
- Mix all the Marinade to the choice of your filling, i used Tofu, you may use chicken, fish or Paneer’s. Place it overnight in the fridge..
- You can grill the Tofu on a grill pan, you can even coat it with bread crumbs and fry them, or bake it in the oven. I heated some olive oil and tossed everything in the pan as tofu releases water i let them simmer in the pan until the water drys out. Put it aside once done..
- For the Sauce, heat up oil and saute the onions for 20 mins, you will get tired but this is important part of the dish, keep sauting until onions are caramelised..
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika and garam masala. Fry it for a min until it releases it's flavour. Add Salt and Pepper..
- Now add tomatoes. Stir them all for a minute. After tomatoes have been cooked add the cooking cream. Stir occasionally..
- Finally add the Tofu that was set aside earlier..
- Serve with warm rice and enjoy the richness of the spices..