West Indies Green Curry Chicken.
You can cook West Indies Green Curry Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Indies Green Curry Chicken
- You need 2 of large chicken breasts (cut in 2 inch strips).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic (chopped in 5 pieces per clove).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (preferably dark).
- Prepare 1 of large white onion (chopped in large chunks).
- Prepare 3 of stalks lemon grass (peeled and minced).
- It’s 1 of stalk green onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- You need 2 of jalapeños or Asian chillis (seeded and minced).
- It’s 1 of cilantro or Thai basil for garnish.
West Indies Green Curry Chicken step by step
- In a large ziplock bag or a covered bowl combine the 2 chicken breasts (already sliced) with the diced onion, garlic, lemongrass, jalapeños or chillis and rum. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2hrs preferably overnight..
- In a wok or deep pan heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the green onion followed by the contents of the ziplock bag (only add about half of the liquid). As the onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilis and Chicken cook, slowly add the rest of the liquid and slowly add the coconut milk (after about 5-7 min).
- Once the coconut milk starts to bubble reduce heat and add green curry paste. Make sure to stir and mix evenly..
- Once the color of the coconut milk has changed to a slight green remove from heat. Serve on white or jasmine rice and garnish with a stalk of lemongrass and some cilantro or Thai Basil over the rice..