Cod fish curry. The Cod Fish Curry recipe out of our category Stew! Cod Fish Curry is a Fish, and listed in the machli ke pakwan. Vinegar adds a delicate sour flavor to this simple dish from Southern India; we use cod, but you could use another firm-fleshed fish if you like.
Fish head curry (Malay: kari kepala ikan, Indonesian: kari kepala ikan or gulai kepala ikan) is a dish in Indonesian, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisines with mixed Indian and. Cod fish curry is served in a heated dish. Naan bread slices are arranged around the cod fish curry. You can cook Cod fish curry using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cod fish curry
- Prepare 1 lb of cod fish fillets.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Pour the vegetable oil in to a large pot and gently heat before adding the. Have you ever had one of those times. This Goan Fish Curry is a warm and tangy fish curry that is cooled with coconut milk. In Goa, the fish curries use coconut milk and mustard oil, making them creamy with a bit of.
Cod fish curry step by step
- Pass the garlic and coriander leaves through a mixer and make a garlic-coriander paste..
- Cut the fillets into 2-3 inch pieces. Marinate the fish pieces with salt, turmeric powder and chili powder for about 10 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan. When its hot enough, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Then add the garlic-coriander paste and sauté for a minute.Add ½ cup of water and tamarind paste. Let the curry simmer on low heat..
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and pan fry the fish on medium heat. Fish cooks in no time so be careful. When both sides are brown transfer the pan fried pieces to the curry and let it boil just for a minute. Adjust the salt. Serve hot with rice or chapatti..
This is the favorite fish curry dish from the eastern part of India. I learned this recipe from my mother-in-law, who is a master in cooking this recipe. You can use any firm fish here. There are a few unusual ingredients I've got some cabezon and ling cod in the freezer that I'll need to try this recipe with. This fish curry noodle soup is an easy, fast, and flexible one-dish meal.